TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/rca modelp52937sg

my tv just keeps running thru the channels and want can I fix this

First try a hard reset. Do this by unplugging the power cord for at least 4 hours.  They power it up again to see if that will solve the problem.

If not, try the whacking procedure.  With the set on and running just smack or whack the set all around the chassis with your hand or fist.  This mechanical vibration will often aright an intermittent connection inside the circuitry of the set.

If the above procedures are not viable solutions you may need repairs done to the set. The problem is this is an old set and spare parts may no longer be available for it.  Also, the repair will be expensive; usually over $250 for symptoms like you are experiencing.  The cost of repair may not be a good investment since newer and superior sets are available for just a little more than the price to repair this model.

Hope this helps; let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio