TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/rca tv model#p52937sg

Question
my rca projection tv has started running thru the channels,,before it starts it puts a ? on screen then starts running thru channels i cant get it to stop somebody said there was a wire that makes the remote work to unplug it,,but i dont no where that wire is

Answer
It probably needs an expensive repair such as the main controller board but try these two procedures before throwing it out.

ONE:  Try a hard reset.  Do this by unplugging the power cord for at least 4 hours before trying again.

TWO:  Do the whacking test.  This is done by smacking the set all around the chassis while the set is ON with your hand or fist.  Doing so will sometimes aright an intermittent internal connection.  Give it a try.

Good Luck.  Unfortunately, troubleshooting and repair of RPTVs is always over $200 and more.  Maybe time to buy a new one is the above free procedures don't solve the problem.

PS: The remote control may get it to stop is you can get it to put you in the menu and stop the auto scan function but you must have the right remote for your tv to do it.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan