TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Hitachi TV and wireless TV headphone

Hi, I hope you can help me with this. My Hitachi TV model is P50H401 and made in 2007. I plug my Brookstone wireless headphone transmitter jack into audio output L and R on the back of TV. However, I still hear sounds from TV not from headphone. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you.

It is anticipated that audio out will be via the HDMI - which your headphone apparatus does not have.

Their may be an audio on/off feature in the menu list.  Try that as many sets have a soft ON/OFF for the internal speakers for when you are using an external amplifier.

Next, try the mute function; it may mute the internal speakers and not the audio outputs in the backs.

Finally, the audio digital/optical output will do the job but you must have a converter from optical to analog rca jacks out.  You can purchase such at Amazon and other retail places.

The above lists a few options for your consideration. If that URL doesn't come up you can just do a search for optical audio to rca analog to find them.  I think you can find them for $10 and up.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio