TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/mitsubishi 915PO43010mProjection TV

TV is going Dim. How to turn on Internal "Serviceman"

The model number you gave 915PO43010m is actually the number for the lamp which powers the light to the screen.  The set is a DLP technology and requires a new light every so often although there are many other ailments these sets are famous for.

I am guessing your model tv may be one of the following:

You can download the owners manual for your model from online searches.  You may find the answer to your question by checking the manual closely.

For example, there are instructions on how to test the lamp, remove the defective one and replace with a new one.  It is strongly urged that you replace the lamp with a certified replacement as some of the generic lamps, in spite of their claim, are not good replacement.

The lamps usually run in price from $25 to over $100.

There are other references you can study by just googling around;  but, I know nothing about the "internal Serviceman" you referenced to.

One last comment: Users of DLP sets have found them unreliable (all brands and models) and as the frequency of repair gets too high for investment common sense they decide to get a new set with conventional technology such as LCD or Plasma screen.  These models have proven much more reliable and less expensive to maintain than DLP stuff.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio