TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/tv repair

sony rear projection kp46m510 sept. 2003 blinks six times sometimes i'll start pushing buttons and it will come on. i have tried unpluging it to reset but nothing

According to this web page of Sony diagnostic codes

six blinks has to do with loss of horizontal deflection circuitry.  It is likely that certain capacitors need replaced and/or the output transistor.  In some models it is also related to the horizontal deflection flyback transformer.

In any event, it is not an easy or cheap repair.

I couldn't find any information on the model number you gave - are you sure it is the correct model number?

Unfortunately, repairs of any kind of RPTV sets is nearly always $200 and up.  You might call a local tv repair shop and ask them an estimate of the repair; when you tell them it is giving 6 blinks they will know exactly what the repair is when you give them the model number....

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio