TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Ultra LCD TV not working

I have a Ultra 32" LCD TV made in 2005, can't make out model number, that's not working. It can play dvd's fine, but when switched over to cable, nothing shows up along with no sound. This just happened yesterday. Is it time for a new one?

If it is working (video and audio) when playing dvds then the problem is most likely related to the cable feed.  

- Could be a cable company problem.  Have you checked other outlets or neighbors to see if they have lost cable?

- Could be the cable connection itself. Try another outlet.  Wiggle cable.  Replace the cable between the wall outlet and the tv - or try another one.

- Could be the cable connection inside the tv set.  Try wiggling the connector area or tapping or smacking the connection area to aright the open connection.

- Could be the menu is setup wrong.  Go into the menu area and go through the setup procedures again.

But, yes, old 32" sets are not worthy of any big repair bill.  They are cheaper to just replace than to spend lots of time, energy and money getting fixed.  Maybe just use it for a game machine.  Or a computer monitor.

Best wishes. Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio