TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/jmb tv

Question
when I turn it on it says do not power off scan, it then scans gets to 100% and starts again, I have keep turning it on and off for at least 10 minutes before it comes on.

Answer
First thought is that you do not have a proper signal connected to the input; either from the antenna or cable or satellite - which ever feed you are using for the tv source. So, check that out.

Second thought is the tuner circuit that does the channel scanning is defective and needs either repair or replacement.  If the set is new it maybe still under warranty - which would be the proper source for its remedy.

Third thought it the long wait for turn on is a software issue with the tv and requires warranty repair or replacement if still under warranty. If warranty has expired than tv shop may be needed to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem. If set is old, say over 5 years of age, and this problem has just come upon it you may need to think about retiring it and shop for a new model; great improvements have been made in new sets and prices have dropped dramatically during the last two years.

Hope this helps.  Cheers.

PS: If you speak to a repair shop you might mention it seems the set has lost its memory because it repeats the channel scanning sequence.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan