TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Problems withToshiba LCD TV 46WL800A

Hi there, thank you for your time.
I have a Toshiba LCD TV Model No.46WL800A. Over the past couple of weeks my television would turn itself off, whilst I was watching a program. So I would turn off the television and pull all plugs from the wall, after a few minutes I would reconnect all, and it was working again. Until 3 nights ago, the TV turned itself off once again, I repeated the same procedure as before, but unfortunately the TV would come on for approximately 30-40 seconds and turn itself off. I left it for a couple of days not connected to anything, reconnected the TV, only to have it turn on again for approximately 30-40 seconds, also the blue power button would flash. I have tried resetting the TV by holding the power button to no avail. Unfortunately the set is only 18 months old, so, do I need to replace the set or is the fix not to expensive. Thank you again for your time.

Sorry, I don't know the trouble codes on this model. Many models of other manufacturers use the blue light flashing to indicate time to replace the back light. I don't know if that is the case with your set or not.

The set may need replacement of one of the boards.

Why don't you call the local Toshiba representative or the store where you bought it and see if they can get you an answer.  It is likely a common malfunction that they have a history of.

Sorry, I couldn't find the service manual for downloading - which is where the trouble codes and subsequent repair would be outlined.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio