TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Volume

I have a sansui flat screen tv.connect to a cable box&vcr.My question is there any way I can increase the volume? I have volume all the way up on tv and box. In a small room. My wife has a hearing problem and if I have a fan on or Air conditioner she can't hear it.Beautiful picture only problem is volume.

If the tv has an audio output jack or headphone jack I suggest you go to a computer store and look at what is called a 2.1 system.  These come with two speakers and a subwoofer that can be used in conjunction with the tv.  They have built in power supply and setup with your tv is very simple.  They will play much louder and better fidelity than the speakers inside the tv.  Look for the cost of a nice 2.1 system to be around $30 to $40 depending on the model you choose.

Best wishes.

PS:  An alternative is at Radio Shack they used to sell (I haven't looked lately) for around $10 to $15 a headphone with amplifier and microphone for higher power listening.  That might work for your wife, but it is inconvenient because she would have to wear the headphones whilst watching tv.  But it is a nice little gadget.

The above unit seems similar but requires headphones separately.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio