TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Volume

Question
I have a sansui flat screen tv.connect to a cable box&vcr.My question is there any way I can increase the volume? I have volume all the way up on tv and box. In a small room. My wife has a hearing problem and if I have a fan on or Air conditioner she can't hear it.Beautiful picture only problem is volume.

Answer
If the tv has an audio output jack or headphone jack I suggest you go to a computer store and look at what is called a 2.1 system.  These come with two speakers and a subwoofer that can be used in conjunction with the tv.  They have built in power supply and setup with your tv is very simple.  They will play much louder and better fidelity than the speakers inside the tv.  Look for the cost of a nice 2.1 system to be around $30 to $40 depending on the model you choose.

Best wishes.

PS:  An alternative is at Radio Shack they used to sell (I haven't looked lately) for around $10 to $15 a headphone with amplifier and microphone for higher power listening.  That might work for your wife, but it is inconvenient because she would have to wear the headphones whilst watching tv.  But it is a nice little gadget.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104056#inTheBox

The above unit seems similar but requires headphones separately.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan