TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/JVC TV went out

I have a 27 inch JVC TV -AV-27D502 model connected to cable. One day the TV just went blank and a red light started flashing on the TV. I unpluged everything, waited a few minutes and reconnected everything. Only the red light came back on and continued to blink.
The cable box light was on, but nothing happens.  Can you advise me?

This is an older set with CRT or picture tube technology.  These sets are typically expected to last about 5 to 7 years before giving up the ghost!  So, you might be thinking about its replacement.

Flashing indicates the set has likely gone into shut down mode.  You might try unplugging the power cord for at least 4 hours. Sometimes that will clear the internal electronic sensing circuit that caused the crash.

But, if that does not clear the problem it is likely a power supply defect somewhere in that circuitry section.  The repair is always costly and labor and parts will run around $200 plus or minus.  A good chance the internal electrolytic capacitors in the ripple reducer circuit have gone bad.  They are not too expensive but require lots of labor time getting the old ones out and the new ones in.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio