TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/rear speaker volume

Question
i have a hitachi model no. cu4601b. the rear speaker volume will not adjust. when you turn the set on, in the upper left corner, a volume control will come up saying the volume is fixed. can you help?

Answer
Probably a control circuit/chip malfunction.  Try resetting the tv and see if that clears it up.  You should be able to find a reset function by going into the menu mode and looking for setup where usually you will find the reset or just setup which will reset as you go through the setup completely.  I found the part number you gave is for the remote control so without the model number for the tv I can't give you specific advise, sorry to say.

The model number is on the back of the set or on the front page of your owners manual.

If you have further questions feel free to ask again but include the model number of the set.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan