TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Magnavox Tv/dvd / vcr

How to program tv without remote? The remote I have is not the original. I can turn it on and off but cannot change channels. I can't get to a menu to show up. Only goes from channel 3 to AUX.
Model # CT202MW8
Serial # T48749428.

Most tvs of this class require the remote to access the menu and other features.

An equivalent or original remote costs around $30 plus.  However, you can buy a general purpose programming remote for $5 and up.  Just make sure the remote has a 'menu' button as one of the buttons on the remote.  The booklet that comes with the remote will have the code for your tv.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio