TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Panasonic Plasma tv power switch

Hi Cleggsan, my tv is a Panasonic plasma 50 inch model #(TH-50PX600U). Recently it will not turn on with the remote. When I manually press the power button and only after several tries it will come on but the cycle on and off. what can I do to fix this?

Here is a good discussion on this which I found with a google search:

I agree with the conclusion of the answering tech that under the conditions stated by the consumer the first place to look is the power board. The fuse on the power board is easily removed and replaced if it tests bad (or looks bad, some of them you can see through the glass if the fuse wire is broken/burned out.

A new power board costs around $40 to $60 in the USA.  In your country it may be more or less.

Hope this will help.

PS:  Panasonic plasma sets are really good video.  Hope you  get it going well.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio