TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Picture Format

Magnavox Model 15MF605T/17 .  The picture is too large. Tried the "pictue Format" settings but only allows 4:3 or 4:3 HD.  Any thoughts?

There is a format button on the remote for selecting what most others refer to as aspect ratio.

pressing the format button should take you through all the picture formats it supports.  See page  27 of the owners manual:

Not all tvs support all combinations of picture aspect ratio; looks like your model will handle 4 different sizes.  If you are not getting the 4 sizes listed you might have to reset the tv or find some setting that allows for all the toggling.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio