TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/TV repair question

Question
I have a 46" Samsung LED smart Tv model # UN46EH5300FX2A.  I've only used the TV a couple of days and it worked great, but now the entire screen turns to solid colors like red, green, blue, white, black, grey.  The colors change from one color to another about every 2 seconds.  Could you please tell me what is going on?  Can not get a menu screen to display due to the colored screen.  I do know that the tv is recognizing the remote, however nothing will display on the screen other than the color.  I also tried with the TV off, the mute 182 power and and menu did not display due to the colored screen.  HELP!!!

Answer
This is an earlier set with some complicated features that make it hard to guess long distance what may be going on. My first guess is something erratic.  Try jiggling and wiggling the set.  Do a hard reset by unplugging the power cord for an hour and reboot/reset if you can.  Then try wiggling, jiggling and banging on the set to see if that will reawaken the inner connections that have gone haywire!

If the above doesn't help you may have to replace one of the boards.  Probably, guessing again, it would be the main board or the T-Con board.  You can find them online at eBay, Shipjimmy and other places by just googling UN46EH5300.  But there are versions of this model that may have different boards. So, if you decide to replace the T board first because it's is really cheap, get the part number off your board and make sure to get the same part number replacement.

Same with main board.  Little more expensive, but there are places I see where you can get the main board for around $25 to $50 which is not bad for a repair by trial and error.  

Or, you can decide to upgrade and buy a new set! But that will cost more; less than what this model cost initially, but more than the cost of a couple of boards.

Hope this helps you get underway.

PS:  Search Youtubes for your model; you might find some good advice on changing boards, etc.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan