TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Yamaha RX - V371Reciever

Question
Yamaha RX - V371  5.1 85 watts per channel stereo reciever will not power up.It is less than 5 yrs old. Turned off for the night, tried to turn on next day.

Answer
First let me suggest you google "Yamaha RX - V371 no power" and read down through some of the comments on the first few results.  It may give you some ideas on doing some troubleshooting checks.  Like listening for the click, checking for the fuse, listening for the transformer hum, etc.

Chances are the power supply is the culprit but that is just my first guess.  Often an electrolytic capacitor will short out causing the power supply to shut down.

I assume you have checked the power cord and the power outlet to make sure it is not a breaker opened up on your house panel?

Then let me know if you have further ideas that I can help you explore.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan