TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Yamaha RX - V371Reciever

Yamaha RX - V371  5.1 85 watts per channel stereo reciever will not power up.It is less than 5 yrs old. Turned off for the night, tried to turn on next day.

First let me suggest you google "Yamaha RX - V371 no power" and read down through some of the comments on the first few results.  It may give you some ideas on doing some troubleshooting checks.  Like listening for the click, checking for the fuse, listening for the transformer hum, etc.

Chances are the power supply is the culprit but that is just my first guess.  Often an electrolytic capacitor will short out causing the power supply to shut down.

I assume you have checked the power cord and the power outlet to make sure it is not a breaker opened up on your house panel?

Then let me know if you have further ideas that I can help you explore.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio