TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Blu Ray player

Question
I have a Panasonic dmr-pwt420 blu ray player & hdd recorder, but it keeps switching itself off after warming up. What could it be and is there any chance i can repair it?

Answer
Probably needs troubleshooting by a tech with manual and tools. It could be a power supply failure or trouble in any of the electronics sections. It's a complicated set and has lots of software amongst the hardware systems.

You can try just disconnecting everything but the power cord.  Leave it unplugged for a full hour or so and see if it stays powered up with nothing connected.  This will help to determine if the problem is internal to the unit or external causes from the interconnected apparatus.

But, you may need Panasonic expertise.  If still under warranty that is the first avenue to follow. If out of warranty then try the Panasonic tech line for assistance.  You should have a service number in the owners manual.  

This set has firmware upgrades available online, too, but if the set cannot stay ON this upgrade cannot be added until repaired.

Let me know if you have more questions that I can answer.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan