TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Blu Ray player

I have a Panasonic dmr-pwt420 blu ray player & hdd recorder, but it keeps switching itself off after warming up. What could it be and is there any chance i can repair it?

Probably needs troubleshooting by a tech with manual and tools. It could be a power supply failure or trouble in any of the electronics sections. It's a complicated set and has lots of software amongst the hardware systems.

You can try just disconnecting everything but the power cord.  Leave it unplugged for a full hour or so and see if it stays powered up with nothing connected.  This will help to determine if the problem is internal to the unit or external causes from the interconnected apparatus.

But, you may need Panasonic expertise.  If still under warranty that is the first avenue to follow. If out of warranty then try the Panasonic tech line for assistance.  You should have a service number in the owners manual.  

This set has firmware upgrades available online, too, but if the set cannot stay ON this upgrade cannot be added until repaired.

Let me know if you have more questions that I can answer.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio