TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Mini-fuse

Hello there & thank you for volunteering your time on here.  I know my issue isn't quite under the category but I didn't find the exact one and I'm hoping you can help.  I have a newer no-name floor lamp that uses a full spectrum, 4-pin fluorescent bulb.  The bulb blew and when I opened the bottom of the unit up I found the fuse was blown.  It is housed in an electronic circuit of some sort and not meant to be replaced -the fuse has a wire coming out each end that goes into the electronic circuit.  Nonetheless, I want to try to replace the fuse -a couple options for that, but I haven't decided which to do yet.  

The mini fuse says 250V on one end, and FAP on the other.  I don't know what FAP means, or how to figure out the amps of the fuse, though, and I need to in order to buy a replacement fuse.  Can you help me figure that out?  Also, if I was to attempt to solder the wires to each end of the new mini fuse, is there any chance I would actually ruin or blow the fuse? (of course the unit would be unplugged).

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

Thank You,

Frank Saia

You must know more about the unit to make the repair.  The wattage rating is most important to know; from the wattage and the voltage rating it will give you a current requirement.

Let me suggest you go to the link below and try to identify your lamp by visually examining those shown.

Then from the link below you could try using the fuse most likely:

If you can determine the manufacturer of the lamp they may have a website with support information.

Hope this helps you get started on a suitable solution.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio