TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/setting up a new TV set

I've purchased a Samsung TV, model un32j4000affxza.
I've got everything running OK, except for these....

*1-I can find all the channels except Channel 29, a favorite of mine. I can see Channels 17, 24 and 33, but not 29!
I have no connections except an antenna (with rabbit ears). I was advised to move the antenna closer to a window,but that didn't help.
Can you advise me?

*2-I've read that all TVs made in the last 5  years have closed caption. But I can't figure out how to access the closed  caption feature in this TV.
Can you advise?

Thank you.

This set has a caption setup menu.  Please refer to your owners manual about setting it up properly.  If you have misplaced the manual you can download it from:

Regarding channel 29, it may be you need a more powerful antenna. Or you may need to reorient the antenna.  You can google to find out the location of the transmitter for 29 and from that determine the distance between you and the transmitter.  That may give you and idea of the problem.

Also, you may want to go the the fcc pages and let them give you advice on the type of antenna is best for your location.

Let me know if you need more help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio