TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/bpl lcr20 tv not responding to remote

Question
my bpl TV is not responding to some keys of my remote like search button spl button etc..
Other buttons work great...
what is the fault in TV...

Answer
Are you sure the model number is not bpl lrc20?

I couldn't find much about this tv.  I think it is a crt type with 20" picture tube.  I think it may be a multinational set that can be programmed to receive in PAL tv format also. So, for example India uses PAL B format and if the set came from India this could be a problem trying to use it in USA.  So, check that and see if changing the format will allow the buttons to work.

Also, get up real close as you aim the remote into the eye on the tv.  If it works now it means the battery in the remote is needing replaced. Or, in the worst case it can mean the IR receiver inside the set is weak - a more difficult matter.

I suggest you try a universal remote to see if it will function all settings.  You might have to pay $20 or so to get a full feature remote that will operate this tv. If it does work then you may need to just replace the BPL remote with the universal one.

Hope this helps, but if you need more, don't hesitate to inquire further.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan