TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/loose connection

Question
My HD TV is connected to the cable box with an HDMI cable. If the end of the cable going to the box is jiggled or moved, the connection is lost until the cable is moved again. Would the problem more likely be a bad HDMI cable or a bad box? Thanks

Answer
I suggest you change the cable.  If you are using one somewhere else in your system you can swap them and it will help pinpoint whether the cable is bad or not. If you don't have another HDMI cable you can get one from a retail store which will accept returns in the event it doesn't solve the problem.

It it turns out to be the tv you will probably need a tv expert who can replace the unit inside the tv. If the box is bad your cable company should replace it.

Finally, in a similar situation I have used tape to secure the cable in a routed position that keeps it from moving around and the signal remains stable.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan