TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/problem with Digital TV Recorder

I have a Hitachi Digital TV Recorder (model HD325)  which is connected to a TV with a bt vision box. The Hitachi switches on by itself and interrupts any other programme I am watching.

Without looking into the technical design specifications my first guess is that you have it hooked up wrong in the system or the setup of the recorder is programmed to go into record mode for some reason when certain video signals are present.

I suggest you check out your hookup configuration first.  

Secondly, go through the setup procedure again and pay attention to all the settings; maybe there is a default setting which will clear out all the settings that may be messed up and restore it to basic operational conditions.

Hope this helps.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio