TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/problem with Digital TV Recorder

Question
I have a Hitachi Digital TV Recorder (model HD325)  which is connected to a TV with a bt vision box. The Hitachi switches on by itself and interrupts any other programme I am watching.

Answer
Without looking into the technical design specifications my first guess is that you have it hooked up wrong in the system or the setup of the recorder is programmed to go into record mode for some reason when certain video signals are present.

I suggest you check out your hookup configuration first.  

Secondly, go through the setup procedure again and pay attention to all the settings; maybe there is a default setting which will clear out all the settings that may be messed up and restore it to basic operational conditions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan