TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/shadow on TV

QUESTION: Cause of recent appearance of shadow on screen.?

ANSWER: Please explain what the shadow looks like.
And, I need the model number of the set.  Can't get technical information without the model number!  

Send me followup.

QUESTION: The model # on Samsung TV is LN23A4500C1DXZC.The shadow is  a vertical slightly brown 5 to 6 Inch shadow about 1 to 2 inches wide that appeared in the last few weeks. It is there continuously.My question we need to replace the TV ?

Try this:

Or this:

(Recommended as last resort).

You can google for other youtube repair techniques. There are many.

If no success you may need a new set. They are getting cheaper by the day.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio