TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Wanting to sell our older Magnavox TV

Magnavox TV for sale
Magnavox TV for sale  
I have searched all over the internet and have yet to find any definitive information.

We have an older Magnavox TV, model number 55p8288a, the sticker on the back with the model/serial numbers says 'manufactured on 07/18/02. I realize the TV is thirteen years old. It is not HD or LCD, however, the picture is still good but the closed captioning doesn't work. Everything else is OK, with the exception of some cosmetic damage on the bottom corner - Dog teething.

I will attach a picture. I want to sell it but I don't want to give it away. I'm thinking at the most $100. What do you think?
My daughter said something about the 'guns' being dirty?
I have no idea what that means.
Thank you. Jeanne

If you look through craigslist for a few cities you will find them like yours on the street free for pickup.

If you visit a few thrift stores you will find them like yours for sale about $10 to $20 and half on on senior day.

Sorry to inform you but you would be lucky to get $100.

There are three 'guns' or projection tubes that produce the picture. Sometimes the surfaces and the reflecting mirrors get covered with dust.  But, cleaning them is a major DIY task.  I don't recommend it unless you know how to disassemble the set in order to clean off the surfaces.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio