TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Pioneer VSX_D810S amp issue

We have a Pioneer VSX-D810S which is over 10 years old, but had no problems until now, other than the remote gave up the ghost a few years ago, but got another similar remote from Pioneer which works most functions without issue.

We have inputs from a Pioneer audio CD player, via standard red & white cables & TV input via optical cable.

Recently, for no apparent reason, whilst listening to either CD or TV sound will drop out & static sound emits from the speakers.  Whilst the static is still there, we can turn the unit to internal 'Tuner' and the radio works fine, return to CD or TV & only static.  If you turn the unit off (count to 10) and then on, it will play CD & TV for a while (time varies), before returning to static.

Is it worth repairing or time to upgrade. Appreciate any help.

Hi. Thanks for the question. I will try to do everything I can to help you resolve  our problem with the amp. First of all great system. Ok let's do this first unhook either the optical wire or the audio output (red & white) cable leaving only one plugged in at a time and play to see if you get the static. Let me know what happens.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry

Tv's and small electronics which include radios, amps, game consuls and computers. I also repair appliances which include washers and dryers. I have almost 20 years as a repair tech and owned my own business for almost 10 years.

Repaired Tv's for almost 20yrs and have been repairing washers, dryers, game consuls and computers for over 10 years. Most computers repaired can be fixed with the stroke of keys. It's just knowing how to get there.

Radio,Att and yellow pages listing

Degree in electronic technology . Networking . Telecommunication and BIo medical hospital equipment.