TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/toshiba 19lv610c

Question
I have thiis tv dvd combo and when i power it up on the screen i see i think  "wait". Then the screen does nothing it does not go off but nothing happens. I try useing side controls and remote and i cant do a thing.all i can do with remote is turn on off.do i owen a paper weight? Also when i opened back i kinda smelled that burnt wire smell? Im sure u know that smell.

Answer
Yes, I know what you are talking about.  The WAIT sign is telling you the main power supply is kicking in and the video system and tuning circuits are getting ready to display the picture information.  Either the power is not getting to the tuning section or the tuning section is not working.  Therefore, since you have the burning resistor smell I vote for the power supply board being bad.

You might try www.shopjimmy.com who sells replacement boards of all kinds for most manufacturers.  I could not find your model listed in their online catalog but you could quarry them and see if they have it.  There are other similar suppliers that you can google for under tv parts.

These boards are usually around $15 to $30 USD for a set this size.   You can buy a new set similar to the one you have for around $125USD I think.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan