TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/toshiba 19lv610c

I have thiis tv dvd combo and when i power it up on the screen i see i think  "wait". Then the screen does nothing it does not go off but nothing happens. I try useing side controls and remote and i cant do a thing.all i can do with remote is turn on i owen a paper weight? Also when i opened back i kinda smelled that burnt wire smell? Im sure u know that smell.

Yes, I know what you are talking about.  The WAIT sign is telling you the main power supply is kicking in and the video system and tuning circuits are getting ready to display the picture information.  Either the power is not getting to the tuning section or the tuning section is not working.  Therefore, since you have the burning resistor smell I vote for the power supply board being bad.

You might try who sells replacement boards of all kinds for most manufacturers.  I could not find your model listed in their online catalog but you could quarry them and see if they have it.  There are other similar suppliers that you can google for under tv parts.

These boards are usually around $15 to $30 USD for a set this size.   You can buy a new set similar to the one you have for around $125USD I think.

Hope this helps.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio