TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/zenith tv

I have a 1993 zenith tv and the picture. Is turning red what. Is going on

A set that old can be ailing in many areas of the circuitry and components.

My first guess is the picture tube is losing its drive from the color circuits. This would require troubleshooting the color matrixing circuit and probably replace some components or the main Integrated Circuit.

My second guess is the picture tube is failing and only the red gun inside the picture tube is giving color.

Have you tried adjusting the color balance, contrast, etc. to bring back the full color?  

Maybe time to think about replacing it with newer technology!

Let me know if you have further comments or questions.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio