TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/DVD/DVD COMBO

I have a DVD/VCR combo. I can watch one side while recording on the other.The DVD side makes the best recordings over and over and has many options on playback. The VCR tapes seem to degrade with each recording and have few options on playback. Does any company make a combo with DVD on both sides?
It seems to me like it would just be the next generation of duel deck machines; but I can't seem to find this anywhere. A lot of places don't even sell VCR tapes any more. They look at you like you asked for an 8 track tape.
Thank you for your time.

And there are others.

DVD is a digital technology and copy to copy are essentially identical

VHS is analog technology and, as you acknowledged, is a dying business.  Copy to copy are degraded significantly due to the lower quality of the format.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio