TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/hitachi 57" projection tv

I recently tried to play a dvd but inadvertently pressed the wrong thing and the tv screen went snowy.  I can't get anything to come on now except the snowy screen.

I suspect you pushed the input or source button.  You should find on your remote a button for tv/av or input.  Pressing that button should give you subscreen for selecting among input signals in which case you would select the input that your dvd player is connected to.

Another possibility is you accidentally pressed the antena/cable button.  Try that.

If you have lost the manual which describes all the signal switching procedures you download the manual by doing a search online for it.

Hope this will help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio