TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA tv

Question
RCA big screen has large bars running top to bottom, like watching tv in jail.

Answer
Hi Marie thanks for choosing allexperts to assist you in trying to solve this issue. First I would like for you to perform a hard rest. You would unplug the tv for about 4 hours and plug it back in to see if there is a change in the picture. If that doesn't help I would like to know the model number of the tv if possible and Secondly do you still have a picture? Are you receiving your signal through a coaxial cable or Av cable(red,white,yellow). We can do some more simple tests to determine which direction we need to go. Try unhooking all cables to the set and only hook a DVD player or VCR to the tv and move the cables to different inputs to see if there are any changes in the picture. Let me know how this goes.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry