TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/converter box


I want to know re my projection TV needs one .I believe it was made in 2004 or after. I believe it is a 52 inch.

Go to the back of the set and write down the model number of the set.

Then google for that model; you will be able to download the owners manual or specifications.

If the set is analog you will need to attach a digital converter box (UNLESS your cable company still feeds analog signals to your home).

If the set is a digital version you will not need the converter box.  

52 inch sets are mostly digital; but some can be analog and the year 2004 is very early digital sales.

Hope this helps.


TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.


Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications


Awards and Honors
Famous Engineer for Digital Audio

©2017 All rights reserved.