TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Red light flashing

Question
We have a Sony Bravia projection TV KF55E200A When we switch TV on green on light flashes and then turns to red fash es x 3 - stops for about 3 seconds then repeats

Answer
It is most likely due to the projection lamp needing attention.  Here is a reply I made to a questioner several years ago from your part of the world:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/TV-VCR-Stereo-1749/2009/8/Sony-KF-55E200A.htm

Please read it.

Wait until the tv is totally cooled down. Unplug the mains.  Open the lamp door and reseat the lamp snugly and carefully.  Make sure the lamp door is closed tight and no possibility the door is loose or the microswitch not activated.

This should bring it back to life. Or, of course, you may need a new lamp.  Has it been replaced recently?  They don't last forever!  You can download the owners manual for your model online which has full description of lamp indications and exchanging procedures.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan