TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Red light flashing

We have a Sony Bravia projection TV KF55E200A When we switch TV on green on light flashes and then turns to red fash es x 3 - stops for about 3 seconds then repeats

It is most likely due to the projection lamp needing attention.  Here is a reply I made to a questioner several years ago from your part of the world:

Please read it.

Wait until the tv is totally cooled down. Unplug the mains.  Open the lamp door and reseat the lamp snugly and carefully.  Make sure the lamp door is closed tight and no possibility the door is loose or the microswitch not activated.

This should bring it back to life. Or, of course, you may need a new lamp.  Has it been replaced recently?  They don't last forever!  You can download the owners manual for your model online which has full description of lamp indications and exchanging procedures.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio