TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsung flat screen

Question
Model #S50FH-YB02. Manufactured 2009.
Serial #MX20BN9610380AB2LAS3K2153.

I get no picture or sound, however, I hear a clicking sound and the red light in lower right corner is on. I have checked fuses and power supply. I am not sure how to check power supply for a problem. I have some knowledge in electronics no real experience in tv's. Have meter and will troubleshoot if I new what to check.

Answer
Hi Patric  thanks for choosing allexperts. The first thing you want to do is look for swollen capacitors in the power supply this would indicate a problem with the start up. The top of the capacitors will be puffed upward some may be leaking. These sets are notorious for bad capacitors. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry