TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsung flat screen

Model #S50FH-YB02. Manufactured 2009.
Serial #MX20BN9610380AB2LAS3K2153.

I get no picture or sound, however, I hear a clicking sound and the red light in lower right corner is on. I have checked fuses and power supply. I am not sure how to check power supply for a problem. I have some knowledge in electronics no real experience in tv's. Have meter and will troubleshoot if I new what to check.

Hi Patric  thanks for choosing allexperts. The first thing you want to do is look for swollen capacitors in the power supply this would indicate a problem with the start up. The top of the capacitors will be puffed upward some may be leaking. These sets are notorious for bad capacitors. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry

Tv's and small electronics which include radios, amps, game consuls and computers. I also repair appliances which include washers and dryers. I have almost 20 years as a repair tech and owned my own business for almost 10 years.

Repaired Tv's for almost 20yrs and have been repairing washers, dryers, game consuls and computers for over 10 years. Most computers repaired can be fixed with the stroke of keys. It's just knowing how to get there.

Radio,Att and yellow pages listing

Degree in electronic technology . Networking . Telecommunication and BIo medical hospital equipment.