TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/TWC DVR & XBOX plus Laptop HDD

Question
1)  We have the TWC digital DVR attached to all TVs.  One TV has the Xbox connected to it.  TWC rep states in order to use the Xbox, I need to disconnect all connections to the TWC DVR and connect them to the Xbox.  When done and wanting to watch TV, I would need to disconnect everything from the Xbox and reconnect to the DVR.  How stupid is this?  Is there another way that I won't have to connect & disconnect multiple times per day?

2)  Have a laptop that a friend's son borrowed.  He put a password on the HDD but can't recall it.  I've tried everything I can but cannot access the laptop.  Sure hope you are able  to help.

Answer
Hi Thanks for using allexperts. My apologies for the delay.How many inputs does the tv have? To answer your first question if you have multiple inputs on your tv it would be easier.If you have multiple inputs all you would have to do is chose a different input other than the the input that the DVR is going to and from the remote chose that input. If you do not have multiple inputs you may purchase a AV selector switch or a hdmi switch depending on how your DVR is hooked to your tv. To your second question.Is the password a HDD PASSWORD OR A WINDOWS PASSWORD? To answer your second question laptops have become very secure over the last couple of years. You can contact the manufacture and give them the serial number and they will walk you through the steps once you verify.Also there are some sites on the web that will help you regain a lost windows password. If you need more assistance please let me know and I will assist you further. Again thanks for choosing allexperts we really do appreciate it.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry