TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Amplifier blew?

Hi, I have an Sears LXI compact Stereo system, model number 132.92880451. Everything was working great on the stereo until a few days ago when the sound output quit working while it was on. The stereo still turns on and all the functions appear to be working such as am/fm radio, phono, tape player and aux input, but I have no sound. My guess is that I blew one of the amplifiers as I did notice a source of burning smell inside the system. If this is the case am I able to get a replacement amplifier and how easy are they to replace? Thank you.

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the opportunity to assist you. Ok the burnt smell is surely an indication of a internal component failure. Most stereo systems has multiple audio outputs. If you have tried all outputs then the next step is go inside the system but make sure the system is unplugged. If you are handy with taking apart things that will help. First you want to look for signs of burnt components in the system. If you smelled a burnt odor its probably a component or two that has Failed. Replacing the components would require some soldering skills. The other issue would be finding the parts depending on the age of the system. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks for choosing allexperts.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry

Tv's and small electronics which include radios, amps, game consuls and computers. I also repair appliances which include washers and dryers. I have almost 20 years as a repair tech and owned my own business for almost 10 years.

Repaired Tv's for almost 20yrs and have been repairing washers, dryers, game consuls and computers for over 10 years. Most computers repaired can be fixed with the stroke of keys. It's just knowing how to get there.

Radio,Att and yellow pages listing

Degree in electronic technology . Networking . Telecommunication and BIo medical hospital equipment.