TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/DVD/VCR

First, I am not a geek.
In the "old days" (i.e., just a couple of years ago) when movies came out on video cassettes, I had ONE unit which would allow me to accomplish what I wanted: 1. the ability to watch movies and 2. the ability to record a TV show on one channel while I watched another on another channel.
Nowadays, with movies on CDs, am I correct in thinking that what I need is a DVD/VCR?
Should I get a blu-ray DVD player?

Hi Charles
Thanks for choosing allexperts. I will be more glad to assist you with your question today. Technology has changed so much in the past 10yrs it just unbelievable. You are so right DVD players are what`s in now and there are two kinds one that plays a regular formatted DVD and there is one that play Blue Ray which gives you better picture quality. Yes it`s a good idea to go with a blue ray DVD player because more and more movies are being put out on Blue Ray disc. Again thanks for choosing allexperts I`m here if you have any more questions.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry

Tv's and small electronics which include radios, amps, game consuls and computers. I also repair appliances which include washers and dryers. I have almost 20 years as a repair tech and owned my own business for almost 10 years.

Repaired Tv's for almost 20yrs and have been repairing washers, dryers, game consuls and computers for over 10 years. Most computers repaired can be fixed with the stroke of keys. It's just knowing how to get there.

Radio,Att and yellow pages listing

Degree in electronic technology . Networking . Telecommunication and BIo medical hospital equipment.