TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/DVD/VCR

Question
First, I am not a geek.
In the "old days" (i.e., just a couple of years ago) when movies came out on video cassettes, I had ONE unit which would allow me to accomplish what I wanted: 1. the ability to watch movies and 2. the ability to record a TV show on one channel while I watched another on another channel.
Nowadays, with movies on CDs, am I correct in thinking that what I need is a DVD/VCR?
Should I get a blu-ray DVD player?

Answer
Hi Charles
Thanks for choosing allexperts. I will be more glad to assist you with your question today. Technology has changed so much in the past 10yrs it just unbelievable. You are so right DVD players are what`s in now and there are two kinds one that plays a regular formatted DVD and there is one that play Blue Ray which gives you better picture quality. Yes it`s a good idea to go with a blue ray DVD player because more and more movies are being put out on Blue Ray disc. Again thanks for choosing allexperts I`m here if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Tyrone

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry