TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Admiral VCR Model #JSJ20453

Question
This week, I received an Admiral VCR.  There was no manual so I have not been able to set it up.  I have two questions: 1) Where can I download the manual, and 2) can someone help me set it up if there is no manual.  I prefer the manual.  Thank you.

Answer
I could not find a manual for your model.  Which is rare because most vcrs have manuals kicking around somewhere.  If you want to pay around $10 for one I think you might find one on eBay with a search, but a free download seems to be totally unavailable.

You might find a manual from a similar model; go to the admiral home page or search for a model number which is close and find the download for it and the setup procedure is likely similar if not identical.

But, why are you stressing about the manual?  Most setup procedures are very simple and you can find your way through it by operating the remote and following the prompts that come up on your tv screen.  You must have the remote, by the way, as that is the controller for the entire operation of the vcr in nearly all cases except for really, really old products.

If you purchased it used without a remote you might be best going for a different model that does have the remote. You can always find good used vcrs with the remote at thrift stores like Goodwill or Savers or Salvation Army.  You could give that a try as well.

PS: I found a vcr which I believe to be very close in design and operation to the Admiral you have (there is a pretty good chance the Admiral vcrs are made by Funai a big maker for many brands.

http://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/funai/31b450.html

From that page you must download the Funai 31B-450 vcr. Manual is about 15 pages and gives many good, generic procedures on using typical 4 head vcr operations.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan