TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/hitachi tv

Our Hitachi flat screen 38" Television is 4 years old. Only lately it is not coming on, it is flashing between on (red)off (blue)The blue stays on for 3,6 or 15 seconds.Sometimes it will come on if you play a DVD at the same time, other times I comes on if you keep pressing the source button. Can this be fixed ???

I need the model number of the set in order to get the technical specifications; every tv has different technology so without that information it leaves me guessing.

If it's a flat screen LCD technology it probably needs a new control board or power supply board. These boards usually cost around $40 to $60 USD; probably more in the UK.

Also, you can google the model number and sometimes you'll find some one posting a solution with the same symptoms as yours.

I'll wait to hear back from you.

PS: I googled the term:  38" hitachi flat screen wont come on

And got some very useful commentary and videos that may relate to your model.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio