TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Red line

Question
I have a Samsung 60" led smart TV and there is a red line that goes vertical about 5 to 6" from right side of TV

Answer
Hi Mattew thanks for choosing allexperts. I would be more than happy to assist you with your TV issue. What is the model number and how long have you had the TV? Ok you said you a red line running from top to bottom on your TV. Some of the most common faults with Samsung tv's are the power supply boards, Tcon boards, and the screen itself. Sorry to say but on all the Samsung tv's I have worked on with this issue it has turned out to be a bad panel(screen) which is not worth replacing. The first thing you can check that doesn't require taking the TV part is to very gently tap,press or twist on the edges of the TV to see if the line goes away. What this does is interrupt the position of the screen in order to see how bad the problem is. If it doesn't go away you most likely have a bad panel but if it does go away there is a way to fix it which may give you a little more use out of your TV. Let me know the outcome So that I may assist you further if needed. Again thanks for choosing allexperts.

Thanks
Tyrone  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry