TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Not able to connect TV and home Theatre System

Question
    I have a Emerson tv model no:Lc320em2 and a samsung home theatre model No: HT-DS1000. I tried playing my tv sound directly in the home theatre system, but that didnt work. Kindly help me what to do

Answer
I took a quick look at the specifications for the tv and the home theatre system and I could not find that the tv has optical output whereas the HT-DS1000 has only optical input for audio.

But you should check each of them physically to make sure the audio output jack is able to match the audio input on the HT-DS1000 system.

That may be your problem. If so, you may need a converter box between the sets so the tv can feed into the sound system.  The tv does have hdmi, but the sound system would need hdmi also.

So, check that out and let me know if you need help selecting the right adapter box for messaging the signal to the correct format.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan