TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Lines on picture

Question
I have a Sony KDL52V5100 TV purchased Dec. 2009. When the set is turned on, I get verticle lines top half of picture and horizontal lines on the bottom also on the bottom left the color is blue and green.shutting the power off and on a number of times resolves the problem until the next day. I have pulled the power cord a number of times for different lengths of time, same results.

Answer
Chances are the Timing and T-con board needs replaced:

Sony LJ94-02638G (52NN_MB3C6LV0.4) T-Con Board for KDL-52V5100

The above part description is the board you need (in my opinion which is  only an educated guess without actually testing the unit).  You should check the part number on your set as some sets may have an alternate board in it from the factory.  (New replacement board will likely cost around $200 plus or  minus.)

If you  google around you can find the board at various prices but expect to pay around $50 - $60 area.  Shopjimmy.com is a reliable supplier of boards but they show out of stock on this model.

It's quite an expensive board and you may want to think about the value of a costly repair of a 6 year  old set.   Especially since the price of sets this size have come down in price substantially in the meantime.  Seven to  eight years is about average life span for tvs so on that basis there may be only a year or two left before it will fail.....

One last suggestion: Try the thump  and  bang treatment. When you get it running just go all around the set top, sides and back and bang on the chassis walls with your hand or  fist. This procedure sometimes corrects for errant connector panels that connect to the display panel of the set;  its a long shot but costs nothing and will not damage the set so long as you don't get too physical!

PS: You might want to  look through the Sony support pages on your model as well;

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=KDL52V5100  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan