TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/ZENITH SENTRY 2 CONSOLE TV

Question
ZENITH MODEL NO. SS2504EW9
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE VERTICLE HOLD. IT ROLLS VERTICALLY CONTINUALLY WHEN THE PICTURE IS NOT MOVING SUCH AS JUST SOME WORDING OR A STATIONARY PICTURE. AS SOON AS THERE IS MOVEMENT THE TV PLAYS NORMALLY UNTIL A COMMERCIAL WITH WORDING OR A STILL FIGURE OF SOME KIND. WHAT, IF ANYTHING, CAN I DO ABOUT THIS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM.

Answer
I could not find the support manuals for this model.  But the important thing to learn is if there is a vertical hold adjustment accessible in the menu area or an adjustment on the front or back channel.

If there is an accessible vertical and/or horizontal hold adjustment please experiment to see if you can get good hold and stop the rolling action.

If there are no hold adjustments then it will need servicing and likely replacement of some part in the vertical deflection section.

Let's think about this some more. If the picture is rolling vertically could be either the vertical or horizontal sync that is failing.  So, check for either vertical or horizontal hold adjustment.

If you google around for the model number you will find some other owners with similar symptoms; you may learn something from their replies.

Write back if you need more ideas.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan