TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Dvd player

Question
My Sony DVD player has not been used since last April..I tried to watch a new Disc the other night and I kept getting the same message: the disc is dirty.  I bought a cleaning disc but that did not function in my player.  Should I invest in another player?

Answer
Hi and thanks for choosing allexperts. I will be glad to assist you today. Dvd player are very inexpensive now and it would be best to purchase another rather than paying a tech to fix it. Here are a couple of things you could try. First use different disc to see if that helps and make sure you have cleaned the disc well. If that fails the only other thing to do is to go inside the dvd player and clean the lens manually with the DVD PLAYER UNPLUGED. If you want to do this let me know and I will assist you further. Again thanks for choosing allexperts.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry