TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Toshiba TV model #40RV525R

TV pic went dark while watching.  Sound and cable perfect.  Changing stations perfect with audio, no pic?

Hi thanks for choosing allexperts I will be happy to assist you. With the picture dark and the sound is ok you have possibly a bad backlight inverter board. It would be the long board that is on the side when you are looking at the tv from the back. Be very careful and make sure you unplug the tv before you take the back cover off to check it. On that board there are small fuses(F1 or F2)that you could check for continuity with a multimeter to see if they are blown and if so you will have to replace the board. Let me know if I could assist you further and again thanks for your patience and choosing allexperts.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry

Tv's and small electronics which include radios, amps, game consuls and computers. I also repair appliances which include washers and dryers. I have almost 20 years as a repair tech and owned my own business for almost 10 years.

Repaired Tv's for almost 20yrs and have been repairing washers, dryers, game consuls and computers for over 10 years. Most computers repaired can be fixed with the stroke of keys. It's just knowing how to get there.

Radio,Att and yellow pages listing

Degree in electronic technology . Networking . Telecommunication and BIo medical hospital equipment.