TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Toshiba TV model #40RV525R

Question
TV pic went dark while watching.  Sound and cable perfect.  Changing stations perfect with audio, no pic?

Answer
Hi thanks for choosing allexperts I will be happy to assist you. With the picture dark and the sound is ok you have possibly a bad backlight inverter board. It would be the long board that is on the side when you are looking at the tv from the back. Be very careful and make sure you unplug the tv before you take the back cover off to check it. On that board there are small fuses(F1 or F2)that you could check for continuity with a multimeter to see if they are blown and if so you will have to replace the board. Let me know if I could assist you further and again thanks for your patience and choosing allexperts.

Thanks
Tyrone

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry