TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/audio output hook up

Question
I have a 6 year old tv,Vizio model E470VA. It has a spdif optical output. I would like to hook up my 3.5mm headphones to use. Ihave researched for an answer but am not confident it will work with my tv. If you have a solution,it would be greatly appreciated.  Respectfully yours, nick

Answer
You must have a way of converting the digital optical output signal to analog power.  Therefore, you will need a converter box of some kind.

There are many such converters to be found on google; below is one example:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Converter-Simultaneous-Headphone-VHD-D2AC/dp/B007KX

Hope this helps.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan