TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Clear Timer Recordings from VCR

Question
Hi Cleggsan,

I have an older model RCA VCR, model no. VR647HF.  I had to purchase a new universal remote.  The CLEAR button does not clear timer recordings.  I located an online manual which says to use CLEAR button on remote.  I unplugged unit for approx. 1 hr. with no success.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Answer
You should try a different code on the remote.  It should have a search mode; try that one as it may come up with a different code than the one you used.

Also, check the little manual that came with the remote to see if it lists more than one code for your manufacturer. If the remote is not an RCA it may not have the code that works fully with your player.

Finally, try other buttons on the remote for the CLEAR function.

And, just as an alternative, you can usually find good used vcrs at thrift stores for about the same price as a universal remote!  I see them all the time for $5 or $10 at Salvation Army and Goodwill stores.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan