TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Overloaded rca 5disc stereo model no#rs2610

Year 2003 .Someone took the top of stero off without permission. When he put it back together it now wont play. It comes on then says overload. I can hear a ticking noise coming from receiver. I got rid of him but dont want to get rid of my stereo. Is there anything i can do myself tto fix it? I dont have much money and your awsome for even listening . Thank you

It's an inexpensive model and as a general rule the repairs are more troublesome than buying a new model. I saw one at Overstock for around $100.

Since it is not clear from your description what might have been done I can't offer any ideas on repair.

But I would suggest you do a reset and see if that helps to recover from overload. To do the reset remove all discs from the cd player; then unplug the power cord for at least 4 or 5 hours.  When you plug it back in and power it up it may have cleared the overload issue.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio