TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Overloaded rca 5disc stereo model no#rs2610

Question
Year 2003 .Someone took the top of stero off without permission. When he put it back together it now wont play. It comes on then says overload. I can hear a ticking noise coming from receiver. I got rid of him but dont want to get rid of my stereo. Is there anything i can do myself tto fix it? I dont have much money and your awsome for even listening . Thank you

Answer
It's an inexpensive model and as a general rule the repairs are more troublesome than buying a new model. I saw one at Overstock for around $100.

Since it is not clear from your description what might have been done I can't offer any ideas on repair.

But I would suggest you do a reset and see if that helps to recover from overload. To do the reset remove all discs from the cd player; then unplug the power cord for at least 4 or 5 hours.  When you plug it back in and power it up it may have cleared the overload issue.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan