TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Problem with Samsung TV

Question
TV problem
TV problem  
Hi Tyrone,

I've been experiencing this problem with my Samsung TV since a year. You can find a joined picture of the problem with all necessary information attached to this message.

The problem consists of three lines running from right to left. The right half of the screen also has double image. The TV works fine otherwise.

It solved itself after a certain amount of "tv on" time, but after a while this disappeared. The image stayed the same, no matter how long the tv was playing. Recently it started doing it again and the picture went perfect after +-30 min. About a week ago this "solution" disappeared again.

I was wondering what the problem is and how much the repair and the replacement part would cost? I can't solder or use a meter, but if the problem is something minor, I might try to solve it myself.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lorenzo G.

Answer
Hi Lorenzo thanks for choosing allexperts my apologies for the delay. Thanks for the picture. MAKE SURE THE TV IS UNPLUGGED. I would first disconnect and reconnect the cables running from the t-con board to the screen that's the small board located in the center of the tv with the back off.  Also dis/reconnect the cable going to the main board that's the board that has the tv inputs on it. This you can try without any soldering. Judging from the picture it seems as though the t-con board or cables could be bad but worst case is the panel(screen) itself is the problem and if that's the case it would be very expensive to replace. Let me know if I can assist you further and again my apologies for the delay and thanks for choosing allexperts.

Tyrone

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Tyrone Goldsberry