TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/emerson digital tv

Question
I have an 8 yr old tv missing the remote I am trying to program channels for. When I go up and down the channel buttons on the front of it I get the ability to change the brightness, picture, and programming along with a couple of other things.  If I leave it on "program" it does nothing and pressing the up and down channel selector just goes to the other 4 choices.  My question is do I need the remote to program the channels or is it time to junk it?

Answer
You can usually find the owners manual online with a google search of the model number.  It will tell you how to do the program search.

However, most models that I am familiar with use the remote to access the search function.

You can usually find a universal remote at places like Walmart that will work for Emerson.  They cost around $5 to $10 each.  Sometimes they are available on eBay for even less.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan