TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsung HDTV LCD 40; BLACK SCREEN, NO POWER

Question
My Samsung HDTV, Model LN40B630N1F10H went black, while watching; total power loss. Will NOT show ANY indications of power when plugged in, or otherwise.  I have REPLACED the Power Board; BN44-00264A; did NOT solve anything.  I bought, and replaced this myself.  I'm trying a board at a time, if this is worth saving. Any suggestions?  Tried both remote control, front screen power buttons, and a different power cord.  NO HELP. Thanks.

Answer
This model has a history of bad capacitors that can be at the cause of your problem.  In which case replacing the boards will not solve the problem.

Quit frankly, if it were my decision I would replace the set with a new model.  They are getting less expensive every day and your model is getting quite old.  You could end up spending $$$ on new boards and still not get it working.

Replacing the caps is an advanced technical matter and unless you are experienced with small parts replacements it may not be a good DIY for you to undertake.

WIsh I have a better answer for you!  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan